MT. PLEASANT — Mt. Pleasant Community High School is offering free help to students on filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid – also known as FAFSA – on Thursday, Nov. 5 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the High School Media Center.
Students are asked to bring their laptop as well as necessary documents to fill out the application.
Forms and information students and parents will need to bring include:
• Federal and state income tax return and W2’s (if income tax return was filed)
• Social security numbers
• Driver’s license number
• Full name and date of birth
Information parents will need to provide:
• Date of marriage/remarriage
• Date of divorce/separation
• Parent’s date of death
• Child support paid or received
• If the student’s parents are divorced, the student will use the information from the parent the student lives with; if a student’s parent is remarried, they will need the step-parent’s information as well
• Current balance of cash, savings and checking account
• Value of assets/investments
Students who are not U.S. citizens will need their eligible non-citizen/alien registration numbers
Students will be considered dependents on the application unless they are married, support a child, have been in foster care or are classified as homeless by the district.